Programming languages play a vital role in a programmer’s life to help build a great career, especially when the software world is full of thousands of programming languages. As a matter of fact, more than 50 programming languages have been added in this year’s Code Gladiators event, an annual coding competition by TechGig, to give programmers the ability to work in their preferred programming language.
Here is the key takeaway –
– Python is clearly the programming language that rules the hearts of more than 50% of software programmers.
– The charm of Java is imperishable even when a lot of new programming languages are emerging every day. Java is the second most-preferred programming language among coders.
– C and C++ have proved that old is always gold. 12% of the poll respondents have voted for these.
– Ruby, PHP, and C# are no more able to lure a large number of programmers.
– Even when backed by Apple, Swift has failed drastically to win the hearts of programmers.
To get a clear picture of the poll responses, please refer to the image below.